• What We Eat in a Week // Week 2 // Food

Another week of cooking some delicious meals for my family has come and gone. Last week I shared with you What we eat in a week and I really enjoyed not only cooking new things, but sharing them on my blog too. The food we eat this week covers from some yummy soup and an amazing rice dish along with some naughty doughnuts from Tim Hortons.

Last weeks meals had really been enjoyed by everyone who ate them and I very much enjoyed cooking them. Once again the majority of what we eat this week have been found on the wonderful Pinterest which I praised in my previous post as a fantastic website for finding food ideas, crafts and even home decoration tips which will of course come in handy when we finally move into our new home.

W H A T   W E   E A T

Sunday – 90’s Meal – This dinner was a lazy one, so lazy that I didn’t even take a photograph of it, given that my food order wasn’t coming until Monday I raided my freezer and found potato waffles, chicken burgers and some peas! I can imagine this is a common meal for families of children, its easy, loved and of course eaten all up!

Monday – Tacos – With the food order being delivered after when dinner would be cooking I asked my son Kai what he fancied for dinner, and because I needed to head up town that day, we settled on tacos! Tacos is such an easy meal to make and everything is all fresh, I usually cook the chicken some nice smokey parprika but as I didn’t have any I used some old seasoned salt that I made for another recipe. Tasty and fresh Tacos always go down well for everyone Ive cooked it for.

TuesdayRound Steak with Creamy Mash and Sweetcorn – Now we are onto the meals that I planned for the week, while doing my food order I sat on pinterest. This meal is from The Tipsy Housewife, April shares some lovely meals as well as some much needed household tips. This was one amazing meal and I am definitely adding it to my recipe book for future meals.

Wednesday – Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl – The teriyaki sauce that I use comes from the BBC good food website, its delicious, I use it whenever I make a salmon tray bake, Another pinterest meal but its a pretty basic one so I simply followed the image I found and made the meal, with broccoli (to much of my sons disgust) and some yummy white rice it was gobbled up by all.

ThursdayOlive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup – This one was an experiment, seeing as I am not american and have never eaten at Olive Garden before but it looked like a yummy thing to try, from Tornadough Alli and found once again on pinterest. Allison Miller has some wonderful looking meals, However this one wasn’t that much of a hit with two out of the three children.

This weeks meals that we ate had been easy and enjoyable, my slow cooker came into play with two of them and it helped with time and to create perfectly tender chicken and beef. As I said before, Friday is when I dont have to worry to much about their meals as they aren’t in my care that day, but it then gives me plenty of time to plan and prepare for the weeks ahead.

What did you think of our meals this week? Would you likely try any yourself?

Please follow and like us:

18 Comments

1. May 22, 2021 / 12:58 pm

I nice selection of meals, but you only seemed to have done five days out of a seven day week, what did you eat on Friday and Saturday?

• May 22, 2021 / 2:38 pm

I do a rolling from Sunday usually, when Friday hits they are at their dads so I don’t need to worry about their meals, this is usually what I cook sunday – thursday. If that makes sense.

2. May 22, 2021 / 1:21 pm

I most definitely need to try the steak and mash because it looks glorious!

• May 22, 2021 / 2:39 pm

It was stunning!! The fact I cooked it in the slow cooker made the meat just fall apart!! So amazing

3. May 22, 2021 / 1:54 pm

Hi Sarah Lou.

Those meals look delicious – are you taking reservations? 🙂

Seriously though, they all look great. And not a ready-meal in sight – very impressive. Keep up the good work, I’ll be looking for more recipe ideas!

• May 22, 2021 / 2:39 pm

I mean, Sunday’s meal was a bit of a lazy meal, however you cannot go wrong with potato waffles lol

4. May 22, 2021 / 5:06 pm

All your meals look and sound so tasty. I love getting meal ideas from these types of posts.

5. May 23, 2021 / 9:10 am

Haha I love a freezer raid! Those tacos look amazing!

Corinne x

6. May 23, 2021 / 11:29 am

I love seeing what people eat each day! The teriyaki rice bowl looks right up my street xx

7. May 23, 2021 / 2:41 pm

I’ve never made / tried gnocchi soup before, but it looks delicious! We love the more homely, heart warming foods, so steak & mash would be a complete winner in our house.

Claire.X

8. Alice Spake
      May 24, 2021 / 2:10 pm

Oooo I’m jealous of the tacos – I haven’t had any decent tacos in ages! I’ll have to get some bits and have a taco night soon!

Alice x

9. May 26, 2021 / 11:44 am

That gnocchi soup sounds delicious! I love a foodie post like this to give me dinner inspo for the week

Rosie

10. May 31, 2021 / 8:47 pm

These are all fab foods. They look so fab and delicious. I love Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday’s dishes. They literally got my mouth watering. Thursday’s dish looked kinda vegan to me haha and I don’t like vegan food. Lovely post xx

11. July 20, 2021 / 9:02 am

I love what I eat in a day / week posts and videos! The soup and tacos look fab!

• July 29, 2021 / 12:45 pm

tacos is always a loved meal! cant go wrong with it